So now that we have come to this point in the story you can start to see what types of effects pregnancy(s) have on our family. But we still felt like our family wasn't complete. What does a person do with those feelings? I know what I have been doing. I have thought that I could ignore them or maybe even put them off. I have wondered where my brains have gone in subjecting ourselves to months of sickness, stress, pain, bed rest, many DR appointments and not to mention what they do to me at those appointments. NOT fun at all. And as for my sweet dear husband being left with everyone of my daily tasks, and still do his own work, and be a daddy. It just feels impossible.
But, with all this said I do believe in the power of the Priesthood and truly believe that with a blessing and Heavenly Fathers guidance anything is possible. As the months have gone by and the feelings of needing to still add to our family was there, we wanted to do just that. I asked for a blessing and received a beautiful blessing. I know that Father would and will do those things he has blessed me with. As the days passed I still found myself feeling the heavy load that would be placed upon our family and those around us. Now remember I have always wanted to adopt and it just seemed so right to me. Stephen up to this point was not quite sure though. So what did I do, I did what I have done every time I wanted a child and my sweetheart just wasn't quite ready. I placed that task on the Lord. I could and would express my desire, but I can not nor do I want to force him to feel what I am feeling unless he to has that same desire. So you see I have gone to Lord in faith each and every time asking him that should my feelings be what is truly right, then to please soften and change him, because I can't. You know the most amazing thing has happened each time. Sometimes it has been immediate and other times it has taken longer. But none the less Stephens’s heart has been softened. He is a one child man, two is the topping, and three is a lot. Get my point.
I have always wondered why? Why do I have so many problems and why couldn't I even just have "normal" pregnancy sickness? I can't help but to think that this too was all part of Heavenly Fathers plan. He knows were my heart has lied for soooooo many years. He knows the many times I have prayed for this opportunity. And he knows what help we may need at times to bring us to points of decisions. What if my body could handle pregnancy like a champ? My wonderful husband & I just might have been satisfied with our biological children. Just a thought but it is a real one that looks very likely.
By the time I lost the last one and even before while still pregnant and sick, I just kept reminding Stephen of how nice it would be if someone else could bare our child. He did agree. At least I think he did. And as of more recent I have brought up the joy it would bring me to not have to go thru it again.
A couple of weeks ago we had a family reunion, and I am so glad we were able to make it. During those couple of days some pages were turned our book in regards to this topic (children) and I am so glad they did.
Thank you Blaine!!!!! When you entered the room up at the family reunion I looked at Stephen and said you know this is not good. This is going to melt my heart. And you did just that, and more. You also melted my dear sweet Stephen heart to. Things are always better when you get to see for yourself the beauty of life. So for the first time in our married life we were on the same page, feeling the same feelings, with regards to adoption. And do you know what happened to me I could run with something I had always wanted & hope for, and so I have. The Lord answered our prayers.We have prayed and fasted and have felt the Lords comfort and assurance that this is where our family needs to go.
Isn't that so beautiful, & wonderful? The Lord knows what each of us needs and sometimes He provides it to us in ways that sometimes seem not so fun and just when you feel it just might not happen He backs it up with the very blessing & opportunity you have been asking for. I love it.
I can not put claim on being a great writer (I even thought I might hire Kevin to really bring forward my feelings) but I hope that each of you who come to read our story find something here, that causes you to be happy you have. This is going to be an experience for us that will change our lives forever and we would like you to be apart of it.
So many of you have been so supportive and kind, we Thank You for that kindness. And for those of you who have not buck-up and join the fun.
Ethiopia Education Corner
Languages spoken include Amharic, Tigrinya, Orominga, Guaraginga, Somali, Arabic, other local languages, English (major foreign language taught in schools)
Here are a few words in Arabic:
Hello - Ahalan//Goodbye - Ma'a ElSalama//Thank you - shokran //You're welcome - Ala ElRahib Wa ElSaa//Zero - Sifer//One - Wahid//Two - Ithinin//Three - Thalatha//Four - Arba'a//Five - Kamisa//Six - Sita//Seven - Saba'a//Eight - Thamania//Nine - Tisa'a//Ten - Ashara
2 comments:
OK, now that I need to find the box of Kleenex...CONGRATS!!!!!!
I am SOOOO excited for you guys. This is an amazing journey that you have begun. Lots of people will tell you how lucky your new little one(s) will be, but never forget that you will be incredibly blessed by having this experience. The entire family will be changed forever. Just look at what happened when you hung out with us!! ;^)
Much Love,
Blaine
I agree with Blaine...I need the Kleenex box too. I love you guys so much. My heart is full just thinking of the new little girl and maybe two that will came to bless our lives. I am so happy the Lord works in mysterious ways.
Post a Comment