Friday, July 07, 2006

At this time we have begun our paper work. It seems all very overwhelming. There are so many forms & certificates needed, it is crazy. All forms must have two that are certified originals, and the other two that need to be notarized copies. We have applied for our passports, got 4 copies of all our birth, & marriage records. Asked friends for notarized references, Extra passport pictures, and as I look at the list of things they want I truly feel like we haven't even put a dent in the "paper chase".

We should be seeing our Social Worker by next week, and then back to more paper work we go. We will need the police to run a check on us, have the fire dept. over to inspect the home, pictures of us and the house, get medical releases of health, bank statements, employment letters, I am still not even done with the first page of things they need, there is still 2 more pages of things. So to spare you the stress as we are already feeling we will just stop here.

I am sure that after all the paper work stuff is done I will be able to relax a bit more. MAYBE...... Or will I just be to excited to get to the next step of bring our child home. Yep I think so.....

As some of you may be wondering what are the Shelton's wanting? Boy or Girl? Can you guess? I bit you can! Yes, we are wanting a girl, or should I say I am wanting a girl more than anything. Actually I would really like one of each. The girl being the youngest. This is something we have to choose at this stage of adoption. Our adoption coordinator was such a great help with this. She was great at explaining how the system works, and that has help us to know what it means to keep yourself open to options.

We have talked and prayed about this and have decided that we would like a girl 2 or younger; if the little girl has a sibling we are open to decide if that is right for us having the other child 5 or younger. So of coarse I am praying for a little girl with an older brother, and Stephen is hoping for the little girl. But no choice will be made without the guidance of our Heavenly Father confirming what is right.

This week has been a lot of fun. 4th of July and here in Utah they really have a lot to do. There are many parades which are fun for the kids. And lots of fireworks shows.

1 comment:

5KidMom said...

I know it seems daunting, but you really will make it through the "paper chase". Every bit of it will be worth it when you hold your child (maybe with an R-E-N) in your arms!

Remember, I'm just a phone call away if you have any questions.