Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Mothers Love
Okay so I didn't know just how hard this would be. I have been dying to be with the girls. It has been really hard this week & weekend. I feel like a mom who lost her children and has now found them. I just want to go hold them, & hug them; I want to be with them. At times my stomach feels like butterflies and other times it feels just sick with longing. At each step you would think that at that moment it is the hardest moment to be in; but I am quickly learning that is so untrue each step is hard. So hard that you even start to think up plans to go sooner. Well the fact is I am having a hard time and there is no way around that excitement or pain. It is a good thing. It shows my love for the children.
Another thing I have found myself lost in thoughts about is; hoping for a smile on the older girls face when she meets us for the first time. Even a warm embrase between us. What will it be like? Will she know us? Will she want to come to us?
I am so grateful for this opportunity to be a mommy to these little girls. Heavenly Father has been so kind to us. He has been with us through this process and we have felt his love and support. As a matter of fact the other night while the boys were saying their night prayers they had a special experience while mentioning the girls names in the prayer. Both Daddy and BB felt really warm in their chest. Even BB was touch enough to say something about it.
Please oh please send my babies home soon!

2 comments:

smiliesar said...

I can feel your love. Thanks for sharing such tender thoughts with us.

5KidMom said...

I'm pretty sure the adoption experts would say you're attaching quite nicely. Unfortunately, attachment comes with love, loyalty and the desire to protect. Not the easiest things when you are half a world apart. The staff in Ethiopia will take excellent care of your girls. I have never seen a culture that treasures their children more. The waiting will be hard, but the travel day really will come. Imagine the joy the day you first meet, hold and love on your new daughters. It doesn't get any sweeter than that. Stay strong, My Friend!!