Monday, September 04, 2006

Singing, Clapping & Eternal Friends
Well the evening went as expected. GREAT! I love the Practice Song(s). They only do one, and I have found myself wishing they did more. The song this month was "He's Got the Whole World in His Hands". After the song was over we were givin the thumbs down and had to sing again. The chorister warns you before you start that if there isn't enough signing , clapping, and joy we must sing the song again. So we did, and I am so glad we did. I could go on forever about how great the music is at Genesis, but if you have ever sat in a Baptist meeting where they sang then you know what I am talking about. The true love of signing to the Lord comes out, and it is impossible to not feel it.
The Relief Society Presidenecy spoke (they were just given this new assignment) and what a great group of ladies. As I listened to them speak & share their testimony I was touched. They are a great example of Daughters & Mothers in Zion. As I sat and listened one of them really touched & struck me strongly. I was filled with a filling of love for her, and as she stood there I knew she was someone special to me. She is absolutely beautiful, her cheeks were high and pronounced, she smiled a smile that was heavenly, her eyes are almond shaped & spoke words of kindness and wisdom, she is danity in her features, and her hair said she was fun and lively. I think what hit me the most though was how there was something she could teach me about African mothers. (This has been something that has been on mind mind lately and will have to be talked about in another post). I love when the spirit prompts you in these ways. So I took the opportunity to meet her and share with her some of these tender feelings I had felt. The only thing I can hope for is that I didn't cause her think "what a crazy lady". :@)
One of the things she shared with me is that she does hair & teaches classes on how to do hair. That will be of great worth to me, even with my experiences many years ago.
So as you can tell it was a wonderful experience and it was so nice to have Nancy & Jon there with me.

1 comment:

smiliesar said...

Thanks for sharing so we can "come" along too. I love you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!