Sunday, August 06, 2006

What a Great Day!
Today was a great Sunday. I would have to say that most fast Sunday's are very hard on me. Mostly because of the headaches that come after fasting, but not today. Yes, I did still get a headache, but for some reason I have been so excited for fast Sunday to come that I didn't really mind the headache.
Stephen has been totally (sick) out of it since Wednesday, and man I am not a top notch nurse for my sweetheart. Sorry Stephen, I did get him the "Lord of the Ring" series and sprite, soup, and a couch in the basement where he has been pretty much cast-out to. Here it is Sunday night and finally he has said he thinks he is on the up swing, Oh I hope that is the case. He was part of my fast today.
This evening I was able to attend the Genesis Group, for those of you not sure of what that is you will need to go back a do some reading. It was wonderful. The opening/closing prayer was very heart felt. I love when you get to be part of a prayer that has been spoken from the heart. The words that were used were not your everyday words. They really shared there testimony through them, you could feel and hear the love they have for their Heavenly Father and Savior. After that they introduced all the new people there for the first time. WOW, there was about 20-30 of us newbies. They seemed very happy to have so many new people. But I would have to say that my favorite time there was the the music/practice song. It was a blast. We sang the song " I'am Gonna Let It Shine". We all stood up and clapped and sang with such excitement. It was truly wonderful. I felt for just a moment that I was somewhere eles in the world enjoying the Gospel with such excitement. All the other songs where reverently sang, but wow I have never heard real signing until tonight. Everyone had such a wonderful time signing, you could fill the joy in the room. So for any visitors this is a must, you will have to visit during fast Sunday's which is the first Sunday of the month. We had a branch President that was there from Trinidad and he bore his testimony. I was telling Stephen that after I left and was driving home from the services, I couldn't help but to fill so very spiritually rich inside, and spoilled to be able to have these opportunities. I loved it.
During the hour and half of services they have Primary/Nursery and YM/YW going on at the same time. So you and the kids are able to really enjoy. Next time BB will go into Primary and we will just have to hope lg is doing better with nursery by then.
TaTa for now...

4 comments:

smiliesar said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! We will need to make sure we plan our trip next time around fast Sunday. Thanks for the update.

Anonymous said...

dear tauny
theres this wounderful song called
your beatiful my mom bought the cd
but when i listen to it i think of
grandpa herman and i start to cry!
because of his stroke that he had
i was lisening to it today and i started to pray because i want him to come back very very muchB!!!
so if or anybody wants to give me some edvic heres my e-mail. garcia_mjkayla@yahoo.comthank you all

Anonymous said...

tauny thanks for the advise you will be a great adopted mom to what ever baby girl you get.

5KidMom said...

Where are you Taundra? I miss your happy self. 8^)