Breakfast in Bed!
Happy New Year! I hope all is safe, healthy and up and moving around. I wish I could say that for myself. Last night ended with a bang for me. Lets see, I'll start at the end. I left the ER at 4:00am after falling down as I left my aunts. Yes, it was a simple welcome mat that I stepped on wrong. I had lg in my arms at the time and am so happy he is fine. So the outcome is torn ligaments in my foot and ankle. No broken foot. YES! I was so relieved to hear those words from the Dr. The timing is not the best with all that needs to get done but no broken foot. I can't imagine how the trip to Ethiopia would have gone. So now I am off the foot for 3 days with cruches to get around. I can say at this point I am grateful for Ibuprofen and ice. I could really use the prayers. I hope to be walking just fine by the time we leave & I also hope to be walking by Thrusday this week for work.
So are you wondering why I titled this post "Breakfast in Bed"? This is the good part of this story. I have wanted breakfast in bed for so long. Well, I got it! Daddy finally made me Breakfast in Bed. So there you have it, my evening of events.
Happy New Year! I hope all is safe, healthy and up and moving around. I wish I could say that for myself. Last night ended with a bang for me. Lets see, I'll start at the end. I left the ER at 4:00am after falling down as I left my aunts. Yes, it was a simple welcome mat that I stepped on wrong. I had lg in my arms at the time and am so happy he is fine. So the outcome is torn ligaments in my foot and ankle. No broken foot. YES! I was so relieved to hear those words from the Dr. The timing is not the best with all that needs to get done but no broken foot. I can't imagine how the trip to Ethiopia would have gone. So now I am off the foot for 3 days with cruches to get around. I can say at this point I am grateful for Ibuprofen and ice. I could really use the prayers. I hope to be walking just fine by the time we leave & I also hope to be walking by Thrusday this week for work.
So are you wondering why I titled this post "Breakfast in Bed"? This is the good part of this story. I have wanted breakfast in bed for so long. Well, I got it! Daddy finally made me Breakfast in Bed. So there you have it, my evening of events.
Not such a great way to chime in the first moments of the new year but what a great way to bring in my morning:))
Half full or Half Empty?
I say Half full!
2 comments:
Oh Man! I am so sorry to hear about your hurt foot, but glad it's not broken. Breakfast in bed is definitely a nice perk though. 8^)
Don't push yourself too hard. You need to take time to heal. You're going to be pretty darn busy with your "4" kids pretty soon. Better to be off your feet now, than when your girls come home.
I can not believe your beautiful pictures. Several I had not seen. You are so lucky to have recieved so many.
Jill
Post a Comment