Saturday, October 28, 2006

HELLO! UPDATE!

Another week gone by! This week I will be working everyday. WOW! I am happy for the work and sad to be away so much from the family. But really its just the night hours so it's not to bad.


We are still waiting for our I600A approval form called the I171-H form and we don't expect it for some time here is the -mail word for word. (Note no hello or good-bye what a friendly person) "We process files in the order they are received. There are at least 8 files ahead of yours. Once your file is reached, it will be reviewed. Since we process a lot of other kinds of applications/petitions it maybe awhile before your file is reviewed. 90 days is a normal processing time." I just love working with people like that.
The second bit of news fresh in this morning is it is going to be another 2 weeks before we hear about the referral. The childrens HIV test was done with the "Alicia test" - this test is not the most accurate and diffently not the latest kind. Lisa has requested for the PCR test to be done and that takes 10 days. They are also waiting on a document from the orphange that they came from originally. Lisa will be traveling to India as of Monday so she will be away for 2 weeks. We will pray the referral will be on her desk when she gets back.
I am really thinking that this year is out for travel. I wasn't sure what to expect with all the voices around telling me you may travel before the end of the year; but I am starting to feel much more comfortable with those thoughts. If I do the math our referral will come around Thanksgiving time and that will then leave us with 5 weeks of the year, I can't see that happening nor do I think it is possible. Besides we could seriously use our tax returns for some $$$$$$ help. :@)
This is my update!

1 comment:

smiliesar said...

I am so happy you are working more!! Yeah. I also know the Lord will make everything right and you will travel when you are suppose too. He is a very smart man! I love you. I was missing your posts lately.